Huskies Coaches Night for "C
Monday, Sept 25th @ Chedoke Arena, downstairs meeting room from 7-9 pm
What is CBIM?
A program of Futures Without Violence, Coaching Boys Into Men (CBIM) is the only evidence-based violence prevention program that trains and motivates high school coaches to teach their young male athletes in healthy relationship skills and mental health practices and that violence never equals strength through 12 weekly discussions. By leveraging the power of sports, coaches, and community Advocates, CBIM can transform the culture of our teams, schools, and communities.
- For all U12 - U18 Huskies coaching staffs.
- We want multiple people from your coaching staff to attend with the head coach on Monday, September 25th. Some of you will have ice; please have the head coach attend the 7 p.m. meeting @ Chedoke. No ex. games or practices will be added that night.
- On Thursday, September 28th, we will have a Zoom parent/guardian evening. Please take a look at the flyer below.
- Program delivery begins weekly in Oct x 12 sessions. Please complete them all by mid-January, before playoffs start. Each lesson with your team is approximately 15-20 minutes in length and complete them before your weekly practice. You will receive the mini-teaching lessons on your training night on Monday, Sept 25th.
- If you were part of the program last season, some changes have been made, and we need you to attend.
- We understand how busy things will get next week, but we ask you this as an association to really buy into the message and deliver it to our athletes. It doesn't just have to be the head coach delivering the 15-minute weekly lesson to the team; we want other members of the staff to help with this initiative this season.
- Please take a look at the information below about this program - https://coachescorner.org/