The City of Hamilton's Manager, Sport Services Healthy and Safe Communities Recreation Division, Steve Sevor, has issued a statement to all arena user groups regarding the entrance to city facilities effective September 22, 2021.
This will be coupled with all Huskies teams using the Digital Health Screening app for players only that was implemented last season.
Please read more for the complete statement.
Good afternoon everyone,
Thank you for your patience on this matter as I know that you are fielding many inquiries from your members.
As per the Provincial announcement on September 1, 2021, vaccine verification will be required to access indoor sports and recreation facilities as of September 22, 2021. On September 14, 2021 further guidance was released and as such, as of September 22, 2021 you will see the following changes to accessing indoor recreation facilities:
- Access will only be available through the facility main access. City of Hamilton staff will be responsible for verifying vaccine requirements upon entry.
- Any players, coaches, or officials aged 18+ will be required to show proof of vaccination + ID or exemption
- Any spectators/parents/siblings aged 12+ will be required to show proof of vaccination + ID or exemption
- Permit holders will still be responsible for contact tracing and health screening
- Businesses and organizations are not permitted to retain vaccine records or status, and as such patrons will be required to show their proof of vaccination each time they enter the facility
Vaccine verification and ID will be checked in accordance with the direction provided by the Provincial Ministry of Health. For more information:
Based on current information, the following will be required:
- Proof of being full vaccinated (full series of vaccine at least 14 days before facility visit)
- ID which shows the same name and birthdate of the individual
- Both can be shown digitally (ie picture/PDF of documents or ID on phone)
We ask all members of the public to be patient if wait times are experienced and to adjust their arrival at the facility or number who are attending.
Thank you for your assistance in providing this information to your members.